Do you have a great idea and need help turning it into a sustainable project or program? Do you find there is simply so much happening, it’s hard to mobilize your team in a common direction? Are you looking to set up or invigorate a knowledge partnership, network or collaborative endeavour? Do you want to add innovative and engaging methods to your next project, workshop or event? My specialty is helping groups and organizations take action to bring about positive change in the world. I bring creativity, knowledge sharing and learning as well as close to twenty years of expertise in sustainability.
My work typically falls within strategic planning, monitoring and evaluation, facilitation and engagement as well as research and writing upon request. I am an experienced communicator and facilitator and host training workshops on this topic for others. My expertise spans several countries (18 thus far) and has been gained by working with entrepreneurial start-ups and the private sector, non-governmental organizations, development organizations and governments at all levels. I hold a Masters degree in Environment and Development with distinction from the London School of Economics in the United Kingdom and a BSc in Geography from the University of Victoria, B.C. in Canada. I am a member of the Canadian Evaluation Society, the International Association of Facilitators and an Associate with the International Institute for Sustainable Development. For the past decade, I have been working as an independent consultant from a home office in Canada (and sometimes abroad).
I am keen to work with new clients so contact me with your idea!
I have had the pleasure to work with the following organizations since I started consulting in April 2007 :
- Asian Development Bank (ADB)
- Evalnet (International Evaluation Consultancy)
- International Centre for Integrated Mountain Development (ICIMOD)
- International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD)
- International Forum for Rural Transportation and Development (IFRTD)
- International Institute for Sustainable Development (IISD Associate as of May 2013)
- International Research Exchange (IREX)
- United Nation’s Development Programme Energy and Environment Unit (UNDP)
- United Nation’s Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO)
- UN World Food Programme (WFP)
- Canadian Water Network
- Engineers Canada
- Environment Canada – Circumpolar Biodiversity Monitoring Programme
- Geosoft Inc.
- Ministry of Agriculture (Alberta)
- BC Hydro
- Central Kootenay Invasive Plant Committee
- City of Nelson
- College of the Rockies
- Columbia Basin Trust
- Columbia Basin Watershed Network
- Columbia Basin Fish and Wildlife Compensation Program
- Compass Resource Management
- District of Saanich (Stantec subconsultant)
- First Nations Environmental Assessment Technical Working Group (FNEATWG)
- First Nation’s Health Authority (Northern BC)
- Kootenay Association for Science and Technology
- Kootenay Boundary Community Services Co-operative
- Kootenay Family Place
- Selkirk College
- Slocan Lake Stewardship Society
- Think Bright Environmental Innovations
- Town of Golden
- University of British Columbia
When not working, I can be found riding my bike, skiing, and enjoying time with my family in the beautiful community I live in.
Download my CV: MICHELLE LAURIE cv May2018
e: michelle.k.laurie (@) gmail.com