I just tested out a website that ‘visualizes’ your CV. It’s an interesting concept and I like some of the ways it portrays information. In other ways, I am not sure it does my experience justice.
What I like is:
- Blocks of information
- Colour and icons
- Maps to display information such as languages
- Recommendations on the page
- Links to Twitter, LinkedIn and Blog
- The columns for education and experience are the same size even though the length of information is not
- Education is at the top, equal to experience. I prefer it to go lower down, less profile.
- You can only see the top / most recent work experiences
- The map re languages takes up one third of the page however is not the most important information
- The design options/layout seem limited